Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I'm getting quoted $200 per season for tire storage, plus getting the tires put on my MINI and rebalancing, at the dealer where I'm buying my vehicle.

Is that pretty standard pricing between the other MINI dealers in Ontario?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a second set of rims for my winter tyres, this gives a number of advantages.
I went down a rim size (cheaper tyres)
When tyres require changing I can hunt out the bargains at my leisure and have them fitted to loose wheels (no knuckle dragging tyre fitters jacking the car up in the wrong place and doing damage and over tightening wheel nuts with their air guns)
No swapping tyres on rims every 6 months with resultant wear tear and potential damage.
The saving on the 6 monthly swap will eventually pay for the second set of wheels (as will the cheaper tyres)
Fortunately I store them in my shed.

Sadly no idea to storage costs, sounds a bit expensive though

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd say it would be far cheaper in the long term to buy another set of wheels with winter tyres and swap them over yourself, as to storage, have you know room in your garage/shed? or a friend with some room for a pint of beer?

As gwj said go narrower and smaller diameter, cheaper tyres and better grip, assuming you don't have a JCW then you are stuck with wheels that clear the calipers....

·
Registered
200 Posts
that seems to be the going rate for MINI dealers in GTA. I managed to get $150 for the first season. Probably better off going to an independent tire place that offers installation and storage for much cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts