Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Mini ... Having a problem with my door locks ...manually they work fine...with remote or handle or inside controls drivers side will lock only and passengers side will not work at all ...so the key has to be used when unlocking ..very unhandy...had the drivers side actuator out and putting 12 volt to the first two pins will actuate to lock and if i reverse voltage it will unlock but i am not sure if this is the way the actuator works or if it has two separate motors /solenoids and circuits for this function ...a wiring diagram for the door lock circuit would be helpful in trouble shooting this problem before I go out and buy parts...i attempted to take the actuator apart but couldn't see how without possibly damaging it and the wife needed the car for work in the morning :( Hoping someone here might know a link to electrical diagrams or even understand how the actuator functions

·
Registered
19 Posts
@gi
2016 Mini ... Having a problem with my door locks ...manually they work fine...with remote or handle or inside controls drivers side will lock only and passengers side will not work at all ...so the key has to be used when unlocking ..very unhandy...had the drivers side actuator out and putting 12 volt to the first two pins will actuate to lock and if i reverse voltage it will unlock but i am not sure if this is the way the actuator works or if it has two separate motors /solenoids and circuits for this function ...a wiring diagram for the door lock circuit would be helpful in trouble shooting this problem before I go out and buy parts...i attempted to take the actuator apart but couldn't see how without possibly damaging it and the wife needed the car for work in the morning :( Hoping someone here might know a link to electrical diagrams or even understand how the actuator functions
@Giggs Mini I hope these help:

I got them from ISTA. They are for a Jun 2016 F56 Mini One but are probably fairly standard.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So....found the fuse that controlls unlocking..actually locking and unlocking the passenger door but just the unlock function on the drivers side door which explains why there is no lock function on the passenger side ...it was behind the floor pillar panel on the passenger side front ...20 amp fuse F3 as per the wiring diagram ..this fuse was blown and when i put a new one in it blew right away just by installing it so it's a short ...this happened with the ignition off ...checked the actuator in the passenger door (took it out and tried on bench ) it was good ...left it unplugged and also unplugged the door lock switch and it still blew a fuse ..so it is not in the door ...fuse F3 supplies relays 11 and 12 but I don't know where to locate them ...I removed the 3 relays in the fuse panel behind the glove box but the short was still there ...anyway i was hoping someone might know where any other relays or power distribution boxes would be

1 - 4 of 4 Posts