Mini Cooper Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hi, Where did you get the inlays for the bonnet and boot badges? I got the badges from Minibitz, but cant see anywhere that does the inlays. Lovely car by the way
Hi
I got the inlays from sherrats - Shop | SCP
Bloody expensive as they're just the lettering which fit (neatly) on top of the badge logos - i expected the full round gel overlays :(

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I just looked them up, very expensive for what you get. What colour did you go for, dark grey?
Yep dark grey
I would have used a touch up paint if i'd known what the stickers were like :)

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Latest addition just fitted (what a pain why don't the tabs slot into the grooves without brute force?)

Got to leave it 24 hours for the adhesive to cure before i can give it a wash and take better pics :)

Don't know why my S badge is yellow in the photo? it's really red...................

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Updated pics

Rear diffuser now bonded solid

Carbon look vent surrounds fitted (aliexpress ones)

They match the carbon look steering wheels trims, window switch surrounds, i-drive surround, heater surrounds

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Looks great Robby...really finishes it off! :)
I'm a little dissapointed with the fit, all the pics i've seen show them to sit on the lip near the vents and even though i fitted it carefully i have a gap on both sides?
The supports that are clipped in/ bonded first are in the correct positions and the diffuser is just a cover which sits on top and can only be fitted flush to the supports so i know i've done it correct, it's as though the gaps are due to the diffuser sides being a little short?
The bottom is fixed with 4 bolts either side and they align perfect
I'm trying to find something like a plastic/ rubber trim to cover the gaps :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
I find the gaps on MINI trims seem to vary quite a bit from car to car.

That gap would bug me too. Nobody will notice it, but you know it’s there so it’s annoying. :(

I’m sure someone will have a good idea on something to cover it. Any chance some kind of black silicon sealant would do the job?

Edit: Can’t find the strike through, but just ignore the last bit......you need something with a matt effect and silicon sealant would of course be shiny and attract the eye.

·
Registered
26 Posts
PetrolPed has just done the bonnet scoop mod to his JCW Clubby if anyone needs a step by step how to.

Is there an actual functional bonnet scoop to be installed? Would that help in lowering the engine bay temperature or aerodynamically wouldn't work?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Is there an actual functional bonnet scoop to be installed? Would that help in lowering the engine bay temperature or aerodynamically wouldn't work?
You can buy an Evanturi airbox which comes with an open scoop, this ducts air direct to the airbox so it's fully functioning - not cheap at £800+ though

The standard scoop has a blocked off trim at the back, remove the vent (1 screw and pop off clips) and you can unclip the trim so it's open - problem is it'll let air into the bay but also water, etc so dirty engine bay

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I find the gaps on MINI trims seem to vary quite a bit from car to car.

That gap would bug me too. Nobody will notice it, but you know it’s there so it’s annoying. :(

I’m sure someone will have a good idea on something to cover it. Any chance some kind of black silicon sealant would do the job?

Edit: Can’t find the strike through, but just ignore the last bit......you need something with a matt effect and silicon sealant would of course be shiny and attract the eye.
Might have to get creative with the gloss black decals - maybe extend them towards the diffuser and up onto the top of the lip so the gap isn't as noticeable?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Decided to remove the genuine bonnet stripes today to see if i like the cleaner look, if i don't like it i'll get some viper style stripes

Not a bad look to be honest (y) - took over an hour to remove the residue from the stripes :(

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Genuine front mudflaps fitted, rears wont fit due to the rear pro splitters which have a lip to them

All the dealer say mudflaps wont fit if you have the JCW bodykit fitted (skirts are different to standard ones) but as you can see they fit perfect :rolleyes: - there's 1 bolt under the skirt which aligns perfect, 3 spring clips on each side to hold against the wheel arch and 2 self tappers which screw into the inner arch (and double sided tape), look nice and subtle and maybe stop debris from being thrown up against the sides?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Well "small" update ;) - done a deal on another car so this should be going next week...........................

Had fun with this and maybe in the future i'll be in Mini number 5? but for the time being i fancy a change and a bit more comfort so gone for something completely different - VW T-Cross R-Line :giggle:
It's a thrill inducing 1.0 litre 115bhp pocket rocket :LOL: but i hope my 8 mile drive to work each day wont make me regret it as it has all the options and will be better suited to the crappy potholes Yorkshire roads.

I'll be removing a lot of the extras i fitted and will post them in the for sale forum next week when it's definately gone so keep any eye out - items will include
Genuine UJ rear lights, Genuine alcantara gearknob and handbrake handle, JCW side repeaters, JCW centre display ring (copy), K+N panel filter, tyre repair kit, brand genuine rubber mats (still with tags on), brand new unused 18" Cup alloy, etc

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry to hear you’re parting with the MINI after putting so much time into it Robby. New ride looks very nice though......ride comfort will be night and day I would imagine. :)

61 - 80 of 86 Posts