Mini Cooper Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Sorry to hear you’re parting with the MINI after putting so much time into it Robby. New ride looks very nice though......ride comfort will be night and day I would imagine. :)
It's been a year today since i bought the Mini - i usually change after 3-4 months due to boredom but really enjoyed the Mini as so many upgrades and extras can be fitted which made it enjoyable.
The Mini is perfect (apart from odd stone chips) as i had the PDR guy remove any dinks so the bodywork is perfect, there are no mechanical or electrical issues so the next owner will be very pleased with it - they might end up on this forum?

The VW has 18"s as part of the R-Line pack (and digital dash :unsure: ) so is on 215/45 tyres - i'm hoping as they're non runflats as well it should be comfortable

I've just removed most of the extras off the Mini so apart from the decals and side stripes it's looking stock again :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well...the next owner is certainly getting a cracking car. Pity you couldn’t have sold it with everything on but obviously it doesn’t make financial sense.

I hope we’ll still see you around......I’m not making an account on a VW forum just to keep up with what you’ve been doing to your new ride. :)

BTW...I believe the VW digital dash is a lot better than the one on the MINI isn’t it?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Well...the next owner is certainly getting a cracking car. Pity you couldn’t have sold it with everything on but obviously it doesn’t make financial sense.

I hope we’ll still see you around......I’m not making an account on a VW forum just to keep up with what you’ve been doing to your new ride. :)

BTW...I believe the VW digital dash is a lot better than the one on the MINI isn’t it?
I was given a trade in figure based on it being standard but with the Pro extras and gloss black surrounds, never mentioned interior bits or UJ rear lights so wouldn't have got any more with them left on. I can get back maybe £500 for the parts which is better in my pocket than theirs, if i was selling it private i would have given the new owner the choice if he wanted them leaving on.

Not much to add to the VW as it has every option except rear cam, folding mirrors and heated seats - might look into retroffiting them if it's easier them mini retrofits? running boards are available but unsure of them as it make it look lower :(
It has a stainless rear bumper protector, rigid luggage space tray and premium mats fitted by previous owner which make me think they cared for it :)

The digi dash has numerous layouts including full screen sat-nav :cool:
The only things i don't like is it has too many "safety features" - lane assist, tirdness warning, distance control, etc which have to be switched off manually every time, even Carista wont make changes - why do we need a computer to tell us we're going over a white line (works if no indicators) or driving too close to the car in front or have been driving for a while and should take a rest :confused:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mods are very rarely worth anything second hand and as you say...better in your pocket. :)

It looks very nice mate, and it sounds like you’ve got all the toys. I tend to agree re: the safety features......they can be intrusive and I believe some people can become far too reliant on them.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Well i'm officially NOT a Mini owner anymore (yet again) :(
101 mile drive to change cars and wondering if i'd regret the swap - probably will in a few weeks but no doubt i'll be back with a JCW so don't write me off just yet
I'll still be on this forum as the T-Cross forums are dead and the VW forums don't seem to have many TC owners either?

Anyway latest pics of my mum mobile :LOL:

81 - 86 of 86 Posts