Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok slightly ambiguous title but it made you look!!

I've had my MINI Cooper for around 4 weeks now and have been running it predominately in Green mode due to short trips and urban commuting. I was leaving the gym tonight to go home, only a 5 minute drive and thought I'd try it in Sport mode for the first time.

OMG the difference is incredible! The power is amazing and the gear changes - unless I'm imagining - are so much smoother.

Think I'll have to use sport mode a lot more!!! :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Told ya...green is p*sh ..... why is it even there????!!!!

Reactions: davesound

·
Registered
303 Posts
Told ya...green is p*sh ..... why is it even there????!!!!
Colourful Language!

Donna, as a spokesman for the United Deep Blue Fraternity, I'd like to advise you & your Violent Orange supporters that Green mode is fine for long motorway trips with the cruise-control on... otherwise, it's best avoided!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nearest motorway to me is over a 100 miles away :) give me hills, glens, twisty roads and SPORT any day >:D>:D

·
Registered
734 Posts
So, what does sport mode actually do?

Something with the acceleration and the steering it feels like... but what is it adjusting underneath?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nearest motorway to me is over a 100 miles away :) give me hills, glens, twisty roads and SPORT any day >:D>:D
Now I'm very envious... I didn't think anywhere in the UK was 100 miles away from a motorway. Really 100 miles? Hills, glens & the twisties - now you're talking MINI country!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Now in my current 1 series the Sport, Comfort (=Mid) and Eco Pro (=Green) settings make hardly any difference

I'm intrigued to know what the mini will be like when I pick it up on the 1st!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seriously it's like driving 3 different cars!! Did some more sport driving today and the difference is huge!

Green Mode has the fish, does sport have anything fun?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leslie Hammond, me too! Mine made to Baltimore port yesterday and I learned to day it may not be released until October!!!! How long have you been waiting?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts