Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I have a problem and it seems I can't find which is the cause.
The car is a Cooper JCW 2015 with 106.000 KM.
I received the Check Engine light and I was to BMW service. They checked and said is nothing wrong with the car.
They send me a report(I attached) and reset the Check Engine error.
When I running some kilometers and warm the engine, I have the same problem : the car auto accelerates on 1500 RPM in Parking or Neutral (please see also a video).
I read and I find in USA they report an issue where changed the Fuel Tank Vent Valve by warranty - https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10159153-9999.pdf

What do you think? Did you have this problem and change another part? If I will change the FTVV, the problem will disappear?
I think is an air leak, but I am not sure what cause this.
Please let me know.
Thank you guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had this very same problem on my Cooper 2014 with about 150K miles a few months ago. Purchased vent vale from fleabay for about £25 and problem sorted, the hardest part of the replacement is disconnecting the plug.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this very same problem on my Cooper 2014 with about 150K miles a few months ago. Purchased vent vale from fleabay for about £25 and problem sorted, the hardest part of the replacement is disconnecting the plug.
I will bring the car to BMW service team.
So, should I wish good luck to them? :)
Thanks for your answer! Hope the changing of Vent Valve will solve the problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I too had/has this issue. I changed fuel tank vent valve. No more rough HIGH idle, but same code (too lean) & CEL came back on.
What else can it be with that same code returning?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I changed the Fuel Tanks Vent Valve and all perfect now. No Idle problem and no CEL.
So, this is problem SOLVED!
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts