Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 F60 Cooper S in Sage Green
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the OEM center armrest for F56 that can bolt on. My Mini did not come with one and I'm finding that I miss having an armrest as well as a little extra storage.

They retail with a pretty high OEM inflated price so I was hoping someone had one that didn't like it or wanted it. CONUS preferred.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It looks a little more involved than just purchasing the armrest. Non-armrest cars I have seen appear to also have a different center console, plus whatever mounting hardware is lurking below.
After I connect my phone in it my armrest spends its time up and out of the way since it gets in the way of shifting. I really only use it on long drives to California. If you get it done post up pics, curious how you get on with it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mate,
Really, really dont waste your money. The arm rest is nothing put an utter pain in the ar$e....

It gets in the way of gear changes and makes using the hand brake awkward. Its simply the worst arm rest of any car Ive ever driven. It also offers little/almost no storage.

I wish I could remove it, but it would leave an awkward hole in the trim....

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Got to agree with Kugaman. Gets in the way most of the time. Holds practically nothing. ..apart from my work ID badge/lanyard. The phone adaptor costs £££ ....and you barely get anythng except iPhone connectors. I like the armrest on a journey though....... but mostly stays in the up position.

Reactions: kugaman

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The center console is totally worth having! I didn't have it in my order originally but after seeing how easy it was to adjust out of the way I had to have it, and I'm so glad it's there now!

John

Reactions: KYDan

·
Registered
2022 F60 Cooper S in Sage Green
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you for all of the replies. I am still researching this as I need to pull up the console and see what's available under there to mount to, etc.

I am buying this for an automatic so I don't think it will get in the way of shifting gears and the handbrake (haven't used it yet, lol).

I really want a minimal amount of storage (no phone connection, that stays where I can get to it) as well as a place to rest my arm. These are the two biggest reasons for having it. I was very used to my armrest in my Cadillac and am finding it difficult to drive distances without one.

I've been reading here to see my options and i think (with a bracket) it can be done but I will have to modify the plastic a bit:

northamericanmotoring.com/forums/f56-hatch-talk-2014/272034-armrest-removal-pics-part-1-a.html

You can get all the parts for it for $284 shipped. But I might source these parts from other vendors (EDIT: $253 shipped)

51169292951 main armrest
51169266367 bracket
07119904793 large bolts (need 2x)
51169266361 trim rear
51169266362 trim front

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.