Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. I hope you are able to contain your excitement, it was my wife's MCS that led me to buying my JCW too, it might be a virus it's so contagious, lol.
Fantastic colour combo (just ask Cessa), which was my first choice except my wife's MCS is blazing red/black so I was warned off for that reason!

·
Registered
27 Posts
they told me 6-8 weeks... took them 9 weeks and a half after i was told normally its about 10 weeks for my kind of order

but congratulation on the mini ! what i did i tried to make them rush the call to get the factory vin as soon so i know my order was not laying around in papers pile lul they hated me for that

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Build and shipping times have improved, I ordered ours the first week of July 2015 and it arrived the last week of October 2015. It was worth the wait, marvelous automobile, pint sized package that packs a gallon of fun!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. I hope you are able to contain your excitement, it was my wife's MCS that led me to buying my JCW too, it might be a virus it's so contagious, lol.
Fantastic colour combo (just ask Cessa), which was my first choice except my wife's MCS is blazing red/black so I was warned off for that reason!
like you my wife has a MCS and I love it. Thought I might buy myself a JCW but we can't really get away with having 2 smallish cars, so I went out and bought a BMW M235i instead

·
Registered
320 Posts
They quoted me 8 weeks for mine, it came in 4, so fingers drossed for you!

Reactions: MINIkiter

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome Andy,

Not too dissimilar to my own story, went to look at an R56 JCW, but didn't like/trust the sales guy and ended up at the Mini showroom. Test drove an R56 MCS and then the F56 JCW - light years apart IMO.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you heard anything more from the dealer regarding a delivery date? On my order form it said 10th September but the sales guy reckoned it might come a bit sooner.

Im hoping the 8 weeks you've been told is wrong lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
Don't want to get your hopes up..... I placed order (30th April), told 8 weeks, popped up a few days later to make sure I'd got my spec right, then tried to forget about it. 3 weeks later, thought, hmmmm, haven't heard anything, must give them a call, can't bear the wait. Phoned them up, they typed something into the master computer and was then told, oh, yes it will be here day after tomorrow!!!!!

To be fair, they seemed genuinely surprised. It arrived Fri 27th May, but had to book workshop time for the exhaust fitment, so earliest was the following Tuesday, but was away with work so had to wait until the following Saturday. That was a very very long week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No nothing yet Bigdavep, I was hoping they would be a bit more forthcoming with updates. I ordered Fri 22/7/16, and was told it would get a build slot on the Monday, but haven't heard a peep yet!

They did suggest it may get pushed forward a bit since it's a 'customer paid' car and takes priority over other reasons to build (eg. showroom stock?)

Still, a call would be nice... it feels a bit like 'we have your money now, you call us'.

Rang dealer yesterday and the system is showing 2nd week of September. Have you heard anything yet?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rang dealer yesterday and the system is showing 2nd week of September. Have you heard anything yet?
Yep, had a call yesterday, and it's going to be end of September still which sucks donkey dong
No chance of a bump it seems, I'm not convinced they ordered it on time, but hey-ho just have to hang on. Looks like you'll beat me Bigdavep!

Andy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, had a call yesterday, and it's going to be end of September still which sucks donkey dong
No chance of a bump it seems, I'm not convinced they ordered it on time, but hey-ho just have to hang on. Looks like you'll beat me Bigdavep!

Andy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed it gets brought forward. I'm off work the second week in September so I'm hoping mine stays as is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my Mini One on July 11th and was told 6 to 8 weeks, got a call that they were expecting it in 2nd or 3rd week of August but nothing happened.

Had a call about 2 weeks ago that it's waiting at the factory ready for despatch and phoned today and guess what " it's still showing at the factory ready for despatch ".

Sales person can't give me a date and says it's a waiting game until it arrives which I find a bit strange that a new mini is ready to go but is now just sitting there .

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hi Andy,

Hope your red cherry bomb arrives soon! I had to laugh reading your intro....we all have s story! Mine is I went to look at a nice used 2011 JCW and it had just sold! So, after completing my research I ordered a new 2015 JCW in the same color...midnight black metallic. LOL! The manual trans was not available at the time so I waited 3 months!....actually shorter than expected as I thought it would end up being a 2016! Very rare 2015 manual JCW as it turned out...not that many made! Believe me, you're better off with the F56 & the all-BMW engine!

Good luck & watch those YouTube videos while waiting.....we've all done that! ;-)

John

Reactions: MINIkiter
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.