Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the first time I have xenons and first time I drove my Bucky under active snowfall conditions. I noticed that little triangle icon warning on my dash and upon checking, I saw this message in subject. I've included a photo with the post. Thinking it might be the headlamps' visibility being impaired by the snow, I turned off the engine when I got home and turned it back on for a test. The warning was persistent. I went out to clear the headlamp of snow, warning still there, turned off engine and restarted, warning was gone. Is this behavior normal for xenons that do auto-leveling during snowy driving conditions?

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
The F56 doesn't have Xenon/HID headlights, just the base halogen and the optional LED. The LED's do have a leveling feature, however. The headlights, or the two levelers in the suspension, don't know if the headlights are snowy. The movement mechanism for the headlight itself is completely enclosed, brushing off the outside makes no change to them leveling.

Given the warning was a once-and-done, it was likely a wig-out in the code. It can happen. If the warning comes back and stays consistent over all successive power cycles, then make an appointment at the dealer for warranty repair.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It happened to me too, the other day, after a firmware update! The weird thing is that after a HU reset, the error message was gone. This has happened twice so far. I contacted the dealer and asked him wether this was a new bug of the firmware but he said it had nothing to do with it. By the way, it was inside the garage, so no low temp or snow, to affect it! I turned on and off the engine but the error was still there. Only with the HU reset it was fixed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Ryephile! I hope it was indeed only a one-off glitch in the code. Glad you pointed out the correct headlight type name. I always thought they were all the same (Xenon/Bi-Xenon/HID, and now LEDs, etc.).

Reactions: Ryephile
1 - 5 of 5 Posts