Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. you take it in for service and can't wait to turn the loaner back in

2. after walking away from it, you glance back at it in awe

3. your son catches you staring at it as it's parked in front of your house and he asks what you're looking at and your only response is, "My Car"

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't have any kids, and I haven't taken it in for service yet, but I think I've done #2 about 30 times since I got the car a week ago. Sometimes a squeal may have escaped my lips...and sometimes there were witnesses...

I've also been known to go to the front window at night and hit the unlock button, just to see all the lights turn on :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
+1 on that. No kids yet and service not due for another 14000 miles. Yes, I follow #2 every time I park my car. My wife says that she should put MINI badge on her forehead to get my attention.. ;-))

I would also like to add few more points to the list;

4. When you park the car at night and straight away think about the next drive tomorrow morning
5. When 3 miles super market visit takes 50 miles

It'll be interesting to see few more points from outher members...

Saurabh

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
When you're driving down the road and keep looking at your reflection in the shop windows.....

When you let your best petrol head buddy have a drive and he doesn't want to give it back !!

And lastly, it takes you 10 minutes to tidy up your man cave/den but 4 hours to clean your Mini....

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Let someone else drive my mini-NO WAY!

When you sit in it to listen to the stereo instead of the far better one in the house
when you buy cleaning stuff for it even if you dont really need it
when you wash it even if its raining, cos its dirty ish
when you change the oil between services just because

and most def yes-when it's dark and you flick the key fob-those lights

oh yes and you are on the verge of giving up motorcycling because you want every excuse to drive the car

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts

When you sit in it to listen to the stereo instead of the far better one in the house

oh yes and you are on the verge of giving up motorcycling because you want every excuse to drive the car
Well he is a good mate, and a true petrolhead, so I have no issues with him having 30 minutes behind the wheel. The wife hasn't driven yet - she says auto's are complicated... Yeah, less pedals and no gear change is really complex isn't it :confused:

I had to give up the bike because of an injury (not bike related) and a JCW is the closest thing I can get to replace the grin I used to get from my Fireblade. Focus ST, M135, neither make me feel like a kid again.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Psssst don't tell anyone but sometimes at night I go to my garage, turn on the lights and just look at 'him' for a minute before going back into the house. Do I need to worry??
Perfectly normal, from experience ;)

Also...

When you hate washing cars by hand but love detailing your Mini.

Reactions: miniInBlack

·
Registered
44 Posts
Parking in the garage, just because...even if no precipitation forecasted and warm outside.

Sitting in same garage, door open, revving to hear turbo and blow off.

Constantly looking over shoulder at work to make sure it is OK, and no smokers hanging around it. Came out one day and was covered in ashes....

Guilty of looking in shop windows to see reflection as well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm so excited to buy some cleaning and detailing supplies this week. When would anyone ever say that?

Also, mine had to return to the dealer to get something looked at and I was given a 3 series for a day. The car was great but I couldn't wait to get the Mini back.

Such a nicer, tighter and smoother ride in the Mini compared to the 'ultimate driving machine'.

·
Registered
505 Posts

I just realized I haven't touched my motorcycle since I bought the Mine ha. And yes, I have done just about everything else everyone has said as well. I got in and as I pulled out of the garage the other night I remember thinking to myself, "Man I love this car."

And I always... always take a second look back. Coming out of work or shops or... wherever... I always get a little thrill whenever I first catch sight of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts