·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So I put the bulbs in and I like them for the most part, with a few exceptions (sorry I have no pics at this time).

In order to have them activate I have to turn my headlights from Auto to parking lamps, or on. I'm not a huge fan of this, as I prefer the auto function of the headlights.
Also, regardless of the setting they are on, I get a parking light fail code. I am going to speak with ECS to see if there is something I am doing wrong (the only reason this bothers me is because on top of my no TPMS sensor code, it's one more thing I have to acknowledge before I can get to my displays.

Overall though they definitely improve the look of the car, and I look forward to seeing them in action at night. They were super easy to install as well.

*Note on original post. I stated they were DRLs. They are actually the parking lamps. I apologize about that*

·
Registered
200 Posts
how do you like the reverse lights? I find the stock don't fair too well with my heavy tint

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you like the reverse lights? I find the stock don't fair too well with my heavy tint
I like them. It is a definite improvement over stock.

So I have to make another correction. I finally went out here at night to check them out. The front lamps do come on in auto headlight mode. I still get my errors that pop up, but the fact that I can leave my headlights in auto really makes a difference (the only thing is that you can't turn em off since they aren't the DRLs).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used the following for my DRL, no errors and superbrite

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MQEIRTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update #2

Apparently ECS Tuning sent me the wrong part initially. They automatically sent me the right bulb (props to them, as they clearly saw my review on their website). I popped the new bulbs in, and now there is no code thrown. So for that I have to give the bulbs a 100% great review. The look is updated and now that I have no code I absolutely love every little bit about them. Granted they can't be turned off, but now I can keep my car set in "Auto headlamp" mode and they come on when the headlights come on. I recommend picking them up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts