Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19’ Thunder Grey MINI JCW LCI
9 Posts
There’s also the new PS5 (I have the 205/40 18). Grips well so far and supposedly has better wear characteristics (and a slightly lovelier velvet side wall). My car is the SE so didn’t mind a more efficient, slightly harder compound in the name of efficiency. No PS4S in 205 or 215 either in the UK I don’t think (only 225).
Completely forgot about the new PS5! Thank you for your information. Yes, I will consider that next time I need a tire change.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you!

Currently running 4 because I thought I didn't need the grip levels of a 4S (and it costs more). But after a few track days, I will definitely consider getting the 4S once the current 4 turns bald.

Unfortunately, I can't find the exact spot that it is rubbing. I have not taken the wheel off of the car to check thoroughly, but when I do I will let you know.

You should check this website out. It really helps me when choosing new rims and/or wheels for my cars! Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit
Thanks. Trackdays are addictive hey! Really hoping the 225/40 PS4S fits! Will feedback when I've had a test fit done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There’s also the new PS5 (I have the 205/40 18). Grips well so far and supposedly has better wear characteristics (and a slightly lovelier velvet side wall). My car is the SE so didn’t mind a more efficient, slightly harder compound in the name of efficiency. No PS4S in 205 or 215 either in the UK I don’t think (only 225).
The better wear characteristics does appeal! If the 4S won't fit at least I now know there are options in a 5. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello Amare32,

Which break disk (ref/brand) do you use on your JCW ?
Tarox Sport Japan Discs and Tarox Strada pads front and rear

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
MINI F56 JCW 2019 LCI - Ultimate Edition
60 Posts
Tarox Sport Japan Discs and Tarox Strada pads front and rear

View attachment 80383
Thanks for the ref, do you know the value of the thickness of the disc that should not be reached, to know when I need to change my discs ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the ref, do you know the value of the thickness of the disc that should not be reached, to know when I need to change my discs ?
The wear indicator warning should come up on your computer if it's close to requiring a change.

I changed the rear pads and discs in August 2021 at 23,000 miles. It was the pads that needed changing but decided to change out the discs to save labour cost.

Then the wear indicator for the front pads came up in July... I was planning to change the disc and pads next year. Again I decided to change the pads and discs together at 26,000 miles.

The best thing is to get it inspected by your work shop.

·
Registered
MINI F56 JCW 2019 LCI - Ultimate Edition
60 Posts
The wear indicator warning should come up on your computer if it's close to requiring a change.

I changed the rear pads and discs in August 2021 at 23,000 miles. It was the pads that needed changing but decided to change out the discs to save labour cost.

Then the wear indicator for the front pads came up in July... I was planning to change the disc and pads next year. Again I decided to change the pads and discs together at 26,000 miles.

The best thing is to get it inspected by your work shop.
Okay thanks for the informations, I will change all the discs and pads together (front/rear), should I need to buy also a new break sensor for the front and rear for the Tarox pads ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Okay thanks for the informations, I will change all the discs and pads together (front/rear), should I need to buy also a new break sensor for the front and rear for the Tarox pads ?
No problem happy to help :)

I was advised to change the discs every 2nd change of pads... however that really depends on the thickness and condition of your discs so get them inspected beforehand.

I didn't need to change the brake sensor for the rears but I did need to replace them for the fronts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could really do with some help on tyre sizes please!

Just took delivery of a set of 18x8 ET45 OZ Leggera HLT wheels. Plan was to fit 225/40 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tyres, but my garage thinks they’ll rub because of the rim protection bulge.

Does anyone have any experience with this? If they’ll rub, what alternatives work?

Thanks!
I am running 225s on 18x8 ET44 and no rubbing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts