Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was searching around the internet about retrofitting the ACC to an F56 mini which has S544 as delivers option. I finally found your discussion in the MiniF56.com community about it.

Do I get it correct:
The ACC can be coded, if S544 is already installed? I assume, that at least a different steering wheel is needed to have the control buttons, right? Or is any other hardware needed to make this work?

Background of my question:
After 8 month of wait, our electric mini was delivered but the ordered ACC wasn't installed! I would like to know, if the dealer can retrofit it as I've not finally decided to take the car or not.
It also needs SAS module along with KAFAS2 (5AS or 5AC) due to the fact that it’s solely camera based.

· Registered
5 Posts
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle White Automotive lighting
Found interesting thing ! I dont have button to regulate cruise distance so i decided to remove plastic and i see that physically there is buttons on pcb
Speedometer Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge

i tried to ride and check but buttons are not working , i think that there is some difference in HW beetween pcb's with and w/o cruise buttons , so if someone can make foto of pcb with factory cruise buttons i will be very happy ))

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
View attachment 75366 Found interesting thing ! I dont have button to regulate cruise distance so i decided to remove plastic and i see that physically there is buttons on pcb View attachment 75371

i tried to ride and check but buttons are not working , i think that there is some difference in HW beetween pcb's with and w/o cruise buttons , so if someone can make foto of pcb with factory cruise buttons i will be very happy ))
The main circuitry for the 2 extra distance buttons are there but the circuitry to activate that section of the circuitry aka the pins to the board where it would begin. Aren't there. They probably include the circuitry for manufacturing purposes. It's much cheaper by not interrupting their work flow process to change jigs mid board for those made without acc.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a 2015 J56 JCW with ACC, and was wondering if you think enabling the Stop & Go feature on this would work? I tried to PM you, but I'm not yet able to as I'm new to the forum. Thanks in advance for anyones help!

Would also appreciate a pm from @dekota28 when you have time, would love to talk to you about the 'traffic jam assist' steering + that arduino setup you posted a picture of a while ago.

· Registered
F56 2015 Pack JCW
6 Posts
This car didn’t have 5AS, no Kafas camera in car. So can’t retrofit 541. You have to retrofit 5AS first and than 541.
Thanks for your answer ! it is written on the ad that it has panel detection though!
Where did you search the information about VIN details ? I thought she had the KAFAS... (it's a car I'll buy next week)

· Registered
F57 cooper s cabrio 2016
1 Posts
For those who have 541 ACC, I've been able to code full Stop n Go cruise control. You'll be able to have your car completely stop and start again without using the gas and brake. Perfect for when you're in traffic.

F56 series is the only series that uses solely the KAFAS camera to do ACC while the rest of the BMWs use an additional radar system in front.

I've verified this today and it does work. I also have an extra Retrofit set for active cruise control (541) for anyone who's coming from regular cruise control (cruise control with automatic braking, option 544). I retrofitted 541 for my car came with 544 also.

Please PM me for coding details if you have 541 already for stop and go function
Hi @dekota28,
I would like to thank you for your help on the forum, I would like to code my F56 mini with 541 ACC to enable stop and go.
Could you help me ? Or anyone else who has already done it ?
Thank you very much

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I came across this discussion and I hope someone can help me. A couple weeks ago, I received the 2022 Mini Cooper S Iconic that I ordered from the factory. It is supposed to have every option. It arrived as ordered with the exception of "dynamic" cruise control. It does have "active" cruise control however. (I believe that's option 544 ACC) It has everything else, shaker steering wheel warning for lane departure, speed limit sign recognition, auto parallel parking, and ACC. (it applies brakes going down hill) Because of supply chain problems and chip shortages, I am assuming the 541 cruise control was turned off because they didn't have the right steering wheel. It's the only logical conclusion I can come up with. (The 2 buttons next to the cruise control are missing.) The salesperson said I may not get all the options because of current supply and chip issues. (I am glad I got everything else I wanted)

Per the discussion I've read on this MINIF56 message board, I believe the 541 ACC option with stop and go can be turned on via programming and a default distance can be programmed in and the buttons won't be needed. (Although above, I see maybe I can find that steering wheel piece with the extra buttons?)

Please let me know if you think this is correct and, if so, please let me know how to do this. Thank you!

· Registered
3 Posts
This car didn’t have 5AS, no Kafas camera in car. So can’t retrofit 541. You have to retrofit 5AS first and than 541.
Hi mate.
Im also a newbie here too with a 1 week old F55 MCS in green (JCW trim)
Could you send me the instructions for doing this? I have 5AS, dynamic damper control (233) and a Kafas camera (assume this is the one used for speed signs).
TIA!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts