Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
You tried to flash to the newest I-level? Charger etc was Ok? I can check by team viewer if you want
I would love that, but i just left the house (before the wife kills me as i've been at this all day) I will keep you posted, yes i flashed 21-03-552 instead of 20-11-520

·
Registered
100 Posts
Guys please help, my screen is stuck in bootloader and car won't start... how do i fix this?
Seems like you got it sorted out, My car was stuck on the bootloader Screen and it killed my battery, if that happens again to you remove fuse 61 in the glovebox and it will kill the power so your battery won’t die

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have managed to continue some work tonight. I successfully updated the bootloader.... but the actual firmware still eludes me....

I'm always getting the same error at 88%

Do you have any pointers?

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have managed to continue some work tonight. I successfully updated the bootloader.... but the actual firmware still eludes me....

I'm always getting the same error at 88%

Do you have any pointers?
Hey you know I apologize I actually didn’t do the coding myself I had a gentleman do it remotely, it looked incredibly complicated, I do know though that we were getting errors because the car would switch from accessory mode to off automatically so we ended up doing it with the car running but I don’t know if that’s an issue that you’re having. Best of luck to you it is amazing, beautiful UI, and everything works correctly
Turns out that the new id6 was in the 88% of the files that I had uploaded, enabled the id6 lite from bimmercode and worked perfectly!
View attachment 74018
That’s awesome, so everything works, considering I went to enet route and had it activated to ID6 I’m wondering what the differences are between ID6 and ID6 lite because that looks exactly like mine LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey you know I apologize I actually didn’t do the coding myself I had a gentleman do it remotely, it looked incredibly complicated, I do know though that we were getting errors because the car would switch from accessory mode to off automatically so we ended up doing it with the car running but I don’t know if that’s an issue that you’re having. Best of luck to you it is amazing, beautiful UI, and everything works correctly

That’s awesome, so everything works, considering I went to enet route and had it activated to ID6 I’m wondering what the differences are between ID6 and ID6 lite because that looks exactly like mine LOL
Apparently id6 is capable of gesture controls... Anyway I fully sorted the update now, did bootloader, ibad, coding data and software tona 100%. There were two issues mainly:

1) the 7z file was huge and it was not unzipping correctly. Sorted this by using a larger hard drive.
2) then vehicle went into standby (same as you), i hence kept the ignition on and door open.

Funally I also realised that using construction flash not full flash on esys simplified life. This mode resumes and does not restart from scratch every time.

Now all files appear as black on esys meaning that current version and target version (2021-03) are identical.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Will updating to the latest Istep cause engine remap to disappear? Tq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts

I’m sorry what are you referring to about engine remap? When I had my car flashed it was after I had installed my K&N col air intake and the car felt much different and much peppier even though I had had the intake on for several days….🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
100 Posts
Apparently id6 is capable of gesture controls... Anyway I fully sorted the update now, did bootloader, ibad, coding data and software tona 100%. There were two issues mainly:

1) the 7z file was huge and it was not unzipping correctly. Sorted this by using a larger hard drive.
2) then vehicle went into standby (same as you), i hence kept the ignition on and door open.

Funally I also realised that using construction flash not full flash on esys simplified life. This mode resumes and does not restart from scratch every time.

Now all files appear as black on esys meaning that current version and target version (2021-03) are identical.
That’s awesome congratulations, so you’re saying that on my MINI I can potentially use gesture controls with my new ID six upgrade?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is correct only the head unit needs to be updated.... however beware... the headunit communicates via canbus and if the can bus crashes..... everything else does.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Question: Should I update the Kombi unit too?
Does anyone have a picture of the instrument cluster for the 2021 lci2 in sport mode?

Cheers all

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just did the navigation, everything works well... not sure what updating the BDC will give me however i am querying regarding the combi since I'm pretty sure the interface is new here....

·
Registered
29 Posts
So update guys as oempackbmw suggested I updated Kombi, BDC and had the Nav already updated, so now I'm running the latest firmware, bootloader and Cdata everywhere. I still however don't see the instrument cluster changing to lounge or sport.... I suspect it's a matter of coding now. Can anyone help please? It would be much appreciated.

I also acknowledge that without a couple of very helpful members here, this would never have been possible, so thank you for being such a great mini community!

·
Registered
143 Posts
So update guys as oempackbmw suggested I updated Kombi, BDC and had the Nav already updated, so now I'm running the latest firmware, bootloader and Cdata everywhere. I still however don't see the instrument cluster changing to lounge or sport.... I suspect it's a matter of coding now. Can anyone help please? It would be much appreciated.

I also acknowledge that without a couple of very helpful members here, this would never have been possible, so thank you for being such a great mini community!

go to HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION and then select modern, after you've updatet to ID6 light with bimmercode

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
then in the car go to systemsettings, displays and then color theme

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
This works but only for the nav unit. I have a feeling KOMBI (60) needs some coding but bimmercode does not support it, it needs to be done via esys

21 - 40 of 56 Posts