Mini Cooper Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
This works but only for the nav unit. I have a feeling KOMBI (60) needs some coding but bimmercode does not support it, it needs to be done via esys
That’s odd, I do remember it was hard to find the lounge and sport themes, Since mine was updated similar to yours when I get in my car I’ll double check the steps

·
Registered
29 Posts
That’s odd, I do remember it was hard to find the lounge and sport themes, Since mine was updated similar to yours when I get in my car I’ll double check the steps
Yes guys, i have that menu and it works fine in lounge, sports, or depending on sports mode but the cluster on the steering wheel does not show the new ui too...today i will.check with esys coding if theres any specific option to do this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes guys, i have that menu and it works fine in lounge, sports, or depending on sports mode but the cluster on the steering wheel does not show the new ui too...today i will.check with esys coding if theres any specific option to do this.
Oh did you do a digital cluster retrofit as well? I’m sorry I may have missed that in your posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is a late Dec 20 model and its electric meaning i was lucky to have the cluster fitted as standard. Now i need to know if it has an ID version which i need to code. Been working on esys and token generator. Still getting the pc software up to scratch though. All firmware, bootloader and coding data have been successfully updated to 03-21 for all components involved 😀

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is a late Dec 20 model and its electric meaning i was lucky to have the cluster fitted as standard. Now i need to know if it has an ID version which i need to code. Been working on esys and token generator. Still getting the pc software up to scratch though. All firmware, bootloader and coding data have been successfully updated to 03-21 for all components involved 😀
Any update on getting the cluster to update? I am about to start flashing my SE

EDIT: Same thing here as @hyperdart. Successful flash of KOMBI, BDC and HEADUNIT, but the coding options below do not update the digital cluster to the ID6 theming. This must be an SE only thing.

HMI_MAIN_MENU_VERSION = modern
HMI_ID_VERSION = id6_light

·
Registered
4 Posts
To update the cluster, you’ll need to change your vehicle FA using E-Sys, then VO code the HU and KOMBI FDL’s to default settings.

You’ll need to change the production date from 0720 to 0321 and the model code from XP33 to 13DJ (for european SE model use 11DJ).

You can flash the FA back to the original once the cluster has been updated.

Note: the model codes provided above are for the 2022 SE. Other models will have their own unique code

·
Registered
4 Posts
To update the cluster, you’ll need to change your vehicle FA using E-Sys, then VO code the HU and KOMBI FDL’s to default settings.

You’ll need to change the production date from 0720 to 0321 and the model code from XP33 to 13DJ (for european SE model use 11DJ).

You can flash the FA back to the original once the cluster has been updated.

Note: the model codes provided above are for the 2022 SE. Other models will have their own unique code.
My digital cluster has part number 62105A33B70.

It is the latest revision.replaces 6WB which is discontinued!

Same procedure?

My car is JCW not SE!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My digital cluster has part number 62105A33B70.

It is the latest revision.replaces 6WB who is discontinued!

Same procedure?
If it’s the same KOMBI and HU as the 2021 and 2022 SE’s, I would assume the process is the same. VO coding simply sets a module to it’s default coding values based on the values read from the FA.

Once you have coded the new FA to your vehicle, just be careful to only VO code the KOMBI and HU. VO coding other modules may affect their functionality.

While my FA was still coded with 0321 and 13DJ, I tried to VO code my headlights and KAFAS to remove 8S4 (variable light decoding), and lost control of my front fog lights because the new 2022 Mini’s no longer have front fog lights. Restoring the original FA and VO coding those modules again restored functionality to the fog lights. So for this reason, I would recommend restoring the original FA to the vehicle once coding is completed.

The video linked below does a good job of explaining the FA / VO coding process. You can ignore everything before minute 12.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it’s the same KOMBI and HU as the 2021 and 2022 SE’s, I would assume the process is the same. VO coding simply sets a module to it’s default coding values based on the values read from the FA.

Once you have coded the new FA to your vehicle, just be careful to only VO code the KOMBI and HU. VO coding other modules may affect their functionality.

While my FA was still coded with 0321 and 13DJ, I tried to VO code my headlights and KAFAS to remove 8S4 (variable light decoding), and lost control of my front fog lights because the new 2022 Mini’s no longer have front fog lights. Restoring the original FA and VO coding those modules again restored functionality to the fog lights. So for this reason, I would recommend restoring the original FA to the vehicle once coding is completed.

The video linked below does a good job of explaining the FA / VO coding process. You can ignore everything before minute 12.

Someone must do remotely this procedure for me!
My knowledge is limited in programming!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh that’s awesome it looks beautiful, isn’t the new UI Amazing, I mean I like the last generation it looked cool but this is just more up-to-date, and then you can change it to sport and lounge themes, I’m jealous of your digital cluster, my car is being turned back in in December and I’m not gonna get another mini just because I need a little bigger car, but I am definitely enjoying my loaner car as my airbag light came on and they need to replace the sensor in the seat, just a tad quicker than my MINI about three seconds to 60 quicker lol

41 - 56 of 56 Posts