·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I need my software updated before i can get full screen CarPlay coded :(

it seems to involve;

1) An esys lead that i don’t have.
2) A windows laptop that i don’t have.
3) A spare car that i don’t have.

I bet a dealer would charge the earth, and would probably say they couldn’t do it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I guess the question is, "Has anyone managed to get a dealer to update their istep to the latest version and if so how much did it cost?" I have just had a quote from the guy that does the full screen upgrade including the istep and its a bit too much for the amount I use the car but the full screen upgrade on an updated istep is okay.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So anyone that is interested the email for the guy that does the remote update is [email protected]. I just tried and he is very responsive.If you send him your full VIN he can tell you what is possible and how much. Most updates need the cable, laptop etc but some just need a USB stick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
UPDATE: I requested the dealership update my car to the latest I-Level and they did it for $175. That was yesterday. I got my car back today and didn’t notice anything different out of the box. However, I opened up BimmerCode and changed the CarPlay_Fullscreen option from nicht_aktiv to aktiv and now I have Fullscreen CarPlay! Easy peasy!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
UPDATE: I requested the dealership update my car to the latest I-Level and they did it for $175. That was yesterday. I got my car back today and didn’t notice anything different out of the box. However, I opened up BimmerCode and changed the CarPlay_Fullscreen option from nicht_aktiv to aktiv and now I have Fullscreen CarPlay! Easy peasy! View attachment 70904
How do you know you have different ilevel? Very happy for you!
how does your screen look when playing music? Mine is a bit compressed so the middle text is not readable very good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@chandlerbing did you do a update of the system first? Mine doesn’t look like yours looking at the version (only states mobile and media number). If got a 2017 countryman F60 and did a usb flash to get apple carplay to work in the first place.. only problem is now I can’t read the unit with the obd + BimmerCode app, guess need to let my dealer update it first?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the hope to upgrade my 2019 Countryman S All4, I had the Maryland mini dealer upgrade my firmware. I told them I heard I needed 07.20 version for the fullscreen CarPlay option and they claimed to have given me the latest firmware version available. I’m a little concerned that my upgraded firmware might not be at the minimum needed for full screen CarPlay.

Does anyone know how to interpret these two screens to know if I am good to be able to do an upgrade to fullscreen carplay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They didn't update to 20-07.
That sucks, and can you confirm that the 007.007.008 will not be able to enable fullscreen CarPlay?

And that I need to contact the dealer and tell them that they didn't upgrade me to 07.20 and that is absolutely the minimum firmware version needed to do the full screen update, right?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mmmmh interresting, I will check my software version to see what version I have, maybe I need just a coding with bimmercode to activate the fullscreen, that will be awesome :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about the F60 2018 LCI? Also possible to get fullscreen carplay?

Do you know the version I need? Or where i can find the iDrive-Version. I was not able to find :(.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to find the CarPlay_Fullscreen in Bimmercode. I guess it must be in Expert Mode but whereabout to save me some time checking if mine has been updated.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts