Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well seems that my service yesterday was successful. 2019 MCS LCI, iStep was updated only issue was all existing coding reset and now I have to try and remember what I had changed but .......

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Well seems that my service yesterday was successful. 2019 MCS LCI, iStep was updated only issue was all existing coding reset and now I have to try and remember what I had changed but .......
How much did the dealer charge you? I am being quoted £120 from mine to update the iStep. Did you have to do any coding after the update to get it full screen?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got it done as part of service on TLC. I also reported a problem with the existing one that I hoped the update would fix. If you are using Waze and listening to the built-in radio when a traffic report comes in on FM and you cancel the traffic report, the radio stops also and you have to go to media and choose the radio again. Not sure I am explaining that properly but haven't had a chance to check if it fixes it yet.

As I say it reset any customization, as I expected it to and wiped the primary driver profile although surprisingly kept the second one. When I redid the customization, very simple stuff, rear DRL on, mirrors fold on lock, nearside mirror 50% on reverse I did a search for Fullscreen as ndal2 mentioned and it was there, just changed to activ and away we go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for all the good info here. Treated myself to Bimmercode and a VeePeak during the Black Friday sales.

I managed to "activate" Carplay_fullscreen in Bimmercode but it looks like it's not working for me 100%. I didn't get much time to play with it, but it looks like it is fullscreen, but there's still a black box on the right. Is it because of my super old iPhone?

My I-Level according to Bimmercode: F056-20-3-559
Phone: iPhone 5 (yep, super old. I'm an Android user and someone gave me an old phone to test).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for all the good info here. Treated myself to Bimmercode and a VeePeak during the Black Friday sales.
Your iPhone won't be running the latest version of iOS. I think it is at least a couple of versions old maybe 3. Latest version is 14.3. Apple say they have done a fair bit of upgrading on CarPlay in recent releases so I would suspect that.

·
Registered
2019 mini clubman cooper s exclusive
21 Posts
Hi
Looked everywhere on bimmercode and typed fullscreen and found nothing didly 2019 f54 any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
64 Posts
You might need to upgrade your iStep to the latest version to get it. Mine is a 2019 F56 and only got it with the latest upgrade done on my last service a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your iPhone won't be running the latest version of iOS. I think it is at least a couple of versions old maybe 3. Latest version is 14.3. Apple say they have done a fair bit of upgrading on CarPlay in recent releases so I would suspect that.
Haha, it definitely isn't. Looks like I'll need to go borrow a newer iPhone! Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got inspired by Stuart above. I've actually had my head unit die while driving (had to stop, close the car, wait a minute or two, open again and then it works...force a restart) and bluetooth occasionally crashing but never bothered me so much I wanted to fix it. Anyways, armed with that, went in, they updated my car and yeah, bimmercode, search, activate, works.

Looks good

Maybe spotify could make better use of space

Oh dear.....

So yeah, still some bugs. The home screen looks good (shy, don't want to show exactly where I live ;) )

Still, easy peasy (2018 JCW Unicorn)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will the “fullscreen” option show up in Bimmercode even if you’re not on 7.2?

The fullscreen option shows in my Bimmercode search but when I set it to acktiv CarPlay still shows in split screen mode. I’m not on 7.2.

Car is a 2020 F54 JCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
10 Posts
[QUOTE = "stuartmc, publicación: 839234, miembro: 63003"]
Lo hice como parte del servicio en TLC. También informé un problema con el existente que esperaba que la actualización solucionara. Si está usando Waze y escuchando la radio incorporada cuando llega un informe de tráfico en FM y cancela el informe de tráfico, la radio también se detiene y tiene que ir a los medios y elegir la radio nuevamente. No estoy seguro de estar explicando eso correctamente, pero aún no he tenido la oportunidad de verificar si lo soluciona.

Como digo, restableció cualquier personalización, como esperaba, y borró el perfil del conductor principal, aunque sorprendentemente mantuvo el segundo. Cuando rehice la personalización, cosas muy simples, DRL trasero encendido, espejos plegables en bloqueo, espejo del lado cercano 50% en reversa, hice una búsqueda de pantalla completa como mencionó ndal2 y estaba allí, simplemente cambiado a activ y listo.
[/CITAR]
Stuartmc, después de actualizar que menú muestra la pantalla principal?

·
Registered
64 Posts
View attachment 71337
Stuartmc, después de actualizar que menú muestra la pantalla principal?
I haven't noticed any difference in the main menu. The version I have is your first photo with CarPlay at the bottom.

No he notado ninguna diferencia en el menú principal. La versión que tengo es tu primera foto con CarPlay en la parte inferior.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[QUOTE = "stuartmc, publicación: 839735, miembro: 63003"]
No he notado ninguna diferencia en el menú principal. La versión que tengo es tu primera foto con CarPlay en la parte inferior.

[/ CITAR]
ok(y)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Got inspired by Stuart above. I've actually had my head unit die while driving (had to stop, close the car, wait a minute or two, open again and then it works...force a restart) and bluetooth occasionally crashing but never bothered me so much I wanted to fix it. Anyways, armed with that, went in, they updated my car and yeah, bimmercode, search, activate, works.
View attachment 71332

Looks good

View attachment 71331

Maybe spotify could make better use of space

View attachment 71334

Oh dear.....

So yeah, still some bugs. The home screen looks good (shy, don't want to show exactly where I live ;) )

Still, easy peasy (2018 JCW Unicorn)
If you upgrade to 14.3 on ios spotify and all other music apps will look good again.
It seems my post helped people to upgrade to full screen with only upgrading at dealer then only activating fullscreen with bimmercode. I am really happy since 14.3. Works exactly the same as my wifes 2020 official full screen.
My next mission is to get the new menu look which is way more polished. Also the new look of the hud with nicer fonts is very chique. Anybody any idea where to start? I am going to read out my wifes car to see if i can find any pointers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Can help with remote HU Istep Firmware upgrades to the latest I-level, so you can enable Full screen Carplay yourself via Bimmercode or can do it for you on the same session via Esys. Flash of EntryNav2/EntryNavEvo takes about 20 mins, Battery charger recommended. All you need is an ENET cable and a Laptop with Strong WIFI connection.

Also can enable AppleCarplay on EntryNav2 with or without Navigation remotely via coding, provided that your headunit unit has WLAN Antenna or the WLAN port. PM for more info :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you upgrade to 14.3 on ios spotify and all other music apps will look good again.
It seems my post helped people to upgrade to full screen with only upgrading at dealer then only activating fullscreen with bimmercode. I am really happy since 14.3. Works exactly the same as my wifes 2020 official full screen.
My next mission is to get the new menu look which is way more polished. Also the new look of the hud with nicer fonts is very chique. Anybody any idea where to start? I am going to read out my wifes car to see if i can find any pointers. View attachment 71471
Nice one, saw that actually yesterday when I went for a drive that it no longer looks all squished. Super happy. Curious about the rest.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just noticed that there seems to be difference between left and right hand drive or at least I think that's what it is. I, right hand drive, have the additional items on the right hand of the screen nearest the driver. In luftwaffels, who I guess has a left hand drive car in the Netherlands, has them on the left hand side. Wonder if that is set by Mini or Apple.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts