Mini Cooper Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just noticed that there seems to be difference between left and right hand drive or at least I think that's what it is. I, right hand drive, have the additional items on the right hand of the screen nearest the driver. In luftwaffels, who I guess has a left hand drive car in the Netherlands, has them on the left hand side. Wonder if that is set by Mini or Apple.
That is correct buddy, Side buttons depend on the the car being RHD/LHD. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just noticed that there seems to be difference between left and right hand drive or at least I think that's what it is. I, right hand drive, have the additional items on the right hand of the screen nearest the driver. In luftwaffels, who I guess has a left hand drive car in the Netherlands, has them on the left hand side. Wonder if that is set by Mini or Apple.
It's set by the head unit.

I'm not sure if there is a way to code it.

i have an after market unit in my R60 and even though I'm LHD I coded it for RHD because it worked better with the screen.

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can confirm that full screen carplay will work with the latest firmware. Had it done in Vienna for roughly 130 Euros. All programmings have been reset, though, so you will need some time to reprogram what you had.
No news on the new menu look though, no idea where that is done. Maybe someone with a 2021 Mini could read the HeadUnit Codes and we find it there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yup I confirm. you should call them.
ndal,

I am finally back in town with my car and I took it back to the dealership today. I told them it needs to be on at least 07.20.XX and showed them that my version is still showing 007.007.008.

They said they would take a look and redo it. They came back and told me they updated to the newer latest version but the head unit still displays the old version numbers. They claim that it is probably because my Navigation needs a Map Update for like $200.

Afterwards they reread the key fob and printed out a page that shows me that I am on I-Level - F056-20-11-545.

Could it be that I actually have the software update required for the Fullscreen CarPlay but my unit just isn't showing me that its been updated???

(See attached image of the fob read)

IMG_1355.jpg

The following is the notes from the tech left in my service receipt

A NEW RELEASE OF SOFTWARE SINCE CUSTOMERS LAST VISIT
AVAILABLE. DOES NOT INCLUDE HUH. MANUALLY PROGRAM HUH WITH
UPDATE IN AN ATTEMPT TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE TO CUSTOMER
REQUESTED LEVELS. INACCURATE INFORMATION FROM FORUMS.
SOFTWARE WAS PROPERLY UPDATED AS REQUESTED LAST VISIT.

NEW SOFTWARE DID NOT UPDATE THE NBT EVO LEVEL.
CUSTOMER WILL NEED MAPM3 UPDATE TO EVEN TRY THIS. EVEN THEN, OUTCOME UNCERTAIN -
NEED TO START WITH NAV SYSTEM UPDATE

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how I find what software I even have. I have a 2019 f55 with entrynav2 I think. It’s the base model. No touchscreen no nav. Can only find the screen with my. I called my local dealer, they said there were no retrofits or updates available for my car. Really want CarPlay. I wouldn’t even mind paying the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know how I find what software I even have. I have a 2019 f55 with entrynav2 I think. It’s the base model. No touchscreen no nav. Can only find the screen with my. I called my local dealer, they said there were no retrofits or updates available for my car. Really want CarPlay. I wouldn’t even mind paying the dealer.
PM sent Pal

61 - 66 of 66 Posts